It is a no-brainer that every gamer wants the best experience when they are in the thick of the action. Gamers crave an exciting playing and viewing experience and will easily embrace any process or system that makes such experiences possible.
The Nintendo Switch is an excellent gaming system, despite the fact that it isn’t the one that many seasoned gamers like to use.
Regardless, you’ll never get tired of playing Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, and the dozens of other exclusive Nintendo games that are available on Nintendo Switch; these games are as entertaining as they come.
However, what if you wish to share your Nintendo Switch screen with other users who are connected to the internet, more especially on Discord? A lot of gamers are asking the question; How to stream Switch on Discord?
Well, the answer is yes. Gamers can stream Nintendo Switch on Discord. although other methods will have to be employed as there is no Discord app that is available for Nintendo Switch. In this article, we will throw more light on the methods that make t possible for you to stream Switch on Discord in 2022.
Requirements To Stream Switch in Discord
Before you can commence the process, it is a no-brainer that there is some stuff that should be in place as they make the process possible. If they are not available, it is likely that you won’t be able to carry out the task. Here are the things you must have:
- Discord app
- A Nintendo Switch
- A personal computer or laptop
- A video capture card
- HDMI cable
If you have the aforementioned items, you are now prepared to learn how to stream Switch games on Discord. Meanwhile, just in case you don’t have a video capture card, the step below should be enough.
How To Stream Switch On Discord Without a Capture Card
This is another question that is begging for answers and the answer is Yes, as there are other methods that can suffice.
One method that can make this possible is to stream Switch to Xbox and here are the steps that should be followed to make this possible.
- Insert the Nintendo Switch into the dock and connect it to the PC.
- Then, using an Ethernet cable, connect the Xbox One to the PC monitor.
- Connect the Switch to OneGuide or Xbox One.
- After that, install the Xbox app on your device.
- Locate the Xbox console app that displays Switch.
- Run OBS Studio on your computer.
- You can now stream from the OBS studio.
How to Stream Switch on Discord – 2022
The first step is to ensure that you have installed the Discord app and video capture card software on your PC.
- After that, connect the USB-C port of the Nintendo Switch to the Dock.
- Connect the HDMI cable from the dock to the capture card to send the data to your PC.
- Go to your PC and launch the capture card software.
- Switch on by pressing the Power button in the upper left corner.
- Connect the USB cable from the capture card to the computer.
- You should now be able to see the Nintendo screen on your PC.
- Then, open Notepad or another word-processing program to copy and paste the code.
- Copy and paste the following code: C:Program FilesVideoLANVLCvlc.exe dshow:/:dshow-vdev=”Game Capture HD60 S (Video) (#01)”:dshow-adev=”Game Capture HD60 S (Audio) (#01)”:dshow-audio-samplerate=48000:dshow-audio-channels=2:live-caching=0:dshow-fps=60 to the Notebook
- Set it aside and now launch the VLC Media Player.
- Then, select Media -> Capture Device Open
- Navigate to the Capture Device
- Select DirectShow as the Capture Mode.
- Go to Device Selection and change the Video & Audio Device name to the name of the capture card.
- Then, select Show More Options.
- Examine the Edit Options and paste the copied code there.
- Set the audio card name in the same manner.
- Then, close the VLC software and the window.
- After that, go to the desktop and right-click on the VLC shortcut.
- Go to Target -> Properties
- Copy the code and paste it into the Target box before clicking OK.
- Launch the VLC media player normally.
- Now your VLC is ready to display the stream to the Discord server.
Set Up Discord
After the completion of the previous steps, streaming has been set up and you can now work on the configuration of your Discord. Follow the steps below to complete the setup process for Discord.
- Launch the Discord app and connect to a server.
- By clicking the Speaker icon, you can join the voice channel.
- Then, on your server, select the Screen option.
- Select your VLC display from the Applications tab.
- Finally, click the Go Live button to conclude the tutorial.
- Discord can now see your Switch stream.
How to stream Switch on Discord is one question that has persisted for a while and we have provided you with suitable methods that answer the question in this article.
Folks don’t normally leverage Discord’s streaming capabilities in their numbers but the information provided in this article should suffice in your quest to stream Nintendo Switch on Discord. Do well to leverage the information.