There are many things you do and use in The Sims 4. Most of these items you will need to use may not be in the store to get your Sim. With the debug cheat available in Sims 4, you will see and use these fantastic items that are hidden in your sim.
What Are Debug/Hidden Items in Sims 4?
When we talk about debugging in The Sims 4. We are talking about the hidden items that you cant purchase for your sim. Be informed that when you make use of cheats in The Sims, the trophy progress will stop in the consoles.
How to Show Hidden Objects on PC
You must enable cheats before you can activate or enter any cheat in PC. When activated, you will have access to the debug items in the game. To get into this, use the following controls:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + C
- Type the word ‘testing cheats true and hit enter
- If you did this successfully, you will receive a message that cheats are enabled on the screen.
You can start entering the cheats you have gathered to start showing the debug item otherwise called hidden items. They will all be available on your sim.
- Type in “bb.showhiddenobjects” and hit enter
- When entering the second code, insert “bb.showliveeditobjects” and hit the enter button again.
- Exit the cheat menu after this.
To see the hidden items, you have debugged. Go to your game, on the build/buy menu, type in ‘debug.’ You will see all the debug items appear in such a manner as “**Debug**”. To see the items suitable for your environment, scroll down below the main catalog items to see them.
How to Show Hidden Objects on Consoles
You can also show hidden/debug items on the game console with some keystrokes. Remember to always activate your cheat first before taking the steps below.
- Press L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 on PlayStation or LB + LT + RB + RT on Xbox
- Type in “testingcheats true” and apply the A on Xbox or X on PlayStation
- When you receive the notification that trophies won’t be saved again, press OK on the menu.
- After these steps, the cheats will be activated and you should receive a notification that cheats are enabled.
Once the cheats have been activated. It’s time to start entering the cheats to reveal the debug items available to your sim. Use the format below when entering the cheats:
- On the space given, type in “bb.showhiddenobjects” and press A on Xbox or X on PlayStation
- Follow by entering “bb.showliveeditobjects” and press A on Xbox or X on PlayStation
- After the steps, leave the cheats menu by pressing B on Xbox or Circle on PS.
To see the items you have revealed for The Sims 4, visit the ‘Objects by function’ menu seen on the left downside of the screen. Don’t type anything into the search bar, hit R2 on PlayStation or RT on Xbox to reveal them.
You can now head to Filters > Content > Unknown. This is where all the debugged items will appear. To see the items for the environment, also scroll down to reach the end of the main catalog.
Having access to all these items now, you can build a lot of things you desire in the game.
Hi, I’m a tech enthusiast who is passionate about keeping folks thoroughly informed in the realms of gaming and tech. Kindly stay tuned with my updates.