Wondering how to connect your phone to Roku TV without WiFi? Luckily for you, we have gathered several tested and proofed means of getting that done with just your Android phone or iPhone.
STEP1: Use The Roku TV App
Note: Steps 1 to Step 3 don’t work with iPhones. iPhone users should skip to the last step.
Follow the steps to download and apply the Roku app:
- Go to the Google Play store and search for “Roku TV”.
- Install the trusted result of your search.
- Wait for the app to be initialized and open the app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you set up the app.
- Once done, go to the Devices tab and select a type of Media (Search for TV).
- And for the final step, click on a file-to-screen mirror to your Roku TV.
This should solve your problem for Android users. Where it fails, apply the next step.
STEP2: Use Native Screen Mirroring
Steps For Native Screen Mirroring
- Go to the settings on your Android phone.
- Head to the connected devices tab and click on connection preferences.
- Look for a feature under one of those names: Cast/Screen mirror/Screen Cast.
- Once you have found a similar feature, tap and wait for your phone to scan for your Roku TV
- Now click on the result once.
STEP3: Use Miracast
If you can’t still connect your phone to Roku TV without WiFi, use Miracast. Miracast doesn’t need an active WiFi connection to function, is free using any WiFi service.
Steps to Miracast your Roku TV
- Go to the settings of your Roku TV and search for the Miracast feature in the “Cast” tab.
- On your Android phone, head to Settings > Display > Wireless Display and locate the Wireless display feature, and turn it ON.
- Let your phone scan for your Roku TV for a couple of minutes.
Note: Miracast works only on Android version 5.0 and above. And it doesn’t work with iPhones as well.
STEP4: Use WiFi Hotspot (iPhone & Android)
If using a direct WiFi to screen mirror is unavailable for you, you can use a Hotspot connection to identify and connect both your devices. Use the steps below to use a WiFi hotspot to screen mirror your Roku TV and smartphone:
- The steps below should be adhered to if you’re an iPhone user.
- On your Android phone, head to Wi-Fi & Network > Hotspot & Tethering > Hotspot and turn the feature on.
- Once your hotspot is discoverable, disconnect from the Wi-Fi on your Roku TV if you had already connected to one and connect with your smartphone’s hotspot.
- On your Android phone, go to Settings > Display > Wireless Display and turn on the feature.
- Then, go to Settings > Bluetooth >Cast and turn on “Enable Wireless Display”.
With the aforementioned steps, you can screen mirror both your Android device and iPhone to your Roku TV
As listed above, all the steps mentioned should have solved your problem and you can enjoy playing your phone media files on your Roku TV. You can contribute to this article if you have another tested and proven way by dropping your guide in the comment box. Don’t fail to subscribe to our blog for the latest updates on your games and apps.