If you want a high-quality TV that won’t break the bank, Hisense is an excellent choice. In 2022, it shipped the second most TVs around the world.
People with Hisense TVs often have to deal with problems like their TV not turning on. Fortunately, you can try a few things to get your Hisense TV working again.
In this blog post, we’ll review the potential causes and fixes for when your Hisense TV won’t turn on. Read on to find out more!
What Could Be the Cause of My Hisense Tv Not Turning On?
The Hisense TV is a popular choice for many households. Still, occasionally it can experience issues where it won’t turn on. If your Hisense TV doesn’t turn on, several possible causes could exist.
- The first possible cause is a malfunctioning power button. If the power button is not functioning correctly, it can prevent the TV from powering on. To test if this is the issue, try pressing the power button multiple times to see if the TV turns on.
- If the power supply does not provide adequate power to the TV, it may not power on. To test this, you can check the power cable for any signs of damage or check that it is securely connected.
- If the power cable is not connected correctly to the TV, the TV may not power on. To fix this, ensure that the line is securely connected and not loose.
- The fourth possible cause is a dim or no backlight. If the backlight is not functioning correctly, it can prevent the TV from powering on. To test this, try increasing the brightness settings on the TV or replacing the backlight altogether.
- The power board helps to convert the incoming power from the power supply into the correct type of power to pull on the TV. To test this, you can check the power board for any signs of damage or short-circuiting.
How Do You Fix a Hisense Tv That Won’t Turn On?
Has your Hisense TV stopped working? Don’t panic! There are a few simple steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue; they include:
1. Reset Your Tv
First, check the power cable and ensure it is securely connected to the power outlet and TV. You should also check the power outlet and ensure it works correctly.
Verify that the power light on the TV is on. If not, try resetting the TV by unplugging it from the wall and waiting 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
2. Plug the Tv Into a Different Wall Outlet
This could be a simple way to resolve the issue. If the TV still doesn’t turn on after being plugged into a different wall outlet, it could be due to a problem with the outlet itself.
To determine if the outlet is receiving power, try plugging in another device, such as a lamp, to see if it turns on. If the outlet is not receiving power, you must reset the circuit breaker or replace the fuse to restore power.
3. Replace Remote Batteries
The batteries need to be replaced, so replace the old ones with new ones of the same type and size. Make sure to insert the batteries correctly, with the positive (+) and negative (-) markings in the correct orientation.
Once the batteries have been replaced, try to turn the TV on again and see if it works. If your Hisense TV still doesn’t turn on, you may need to look at other possible causes.
4. Troubleshoot the Remote
If the power sources and batteries work, reset the TV by holding the power button for 10-20 seconds. Additionally, check the TV settings to ensure that the TV is set to the proper input and that the power-saving mode is disabled.
5. Unplug All Unused Devices
Unplug your Hisense TV from the wall outlet. This can also help reset the power and get your TV back up and running.
It would help to unplug all other devices connected to your Hisense TV. This includes any devices using the same power source as your Hisense TV. Unplugging these devices can help reset the power and allow your TV to turn back on.
6. Check the Hdmi Port & Cable
Check if the HDMI port is secure and properly connected to the TV. If the port is safe, check if the HDMI cable is not damaged or loose. If the cable is open or damaged, replace it with a new one of the same type.
If the issue persists, connect a different HDMI cable to the TV. If the problem is still unresolved, check if the HDMI port is functional by clicking another device. If the HDMI port is unavailable, check if any dust blocks the port; if so, clean it with a dry cloth.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hisense Tv
1. How do I fix the black screen on my Hisense TV?
A black screen can be caused by various issues, such as a faulty connection, a power surge, a power button that has become stuck, or a faulty power supply. To fix this issue, try resetting the TV, unplugging it and plugging it back in, and checking the connections.
2. Is there a Hisense TV reset button?
Yes, there is a Hisense TV reset button. It can be found on the back of the TV. Press and hold this button for 15 seconds to reset the TV.
From checking the power source, checking the settings, and resetting the TV, to replacing the power supply or motherboard, these steps can help you troubleshoot the issue.
If everything fails, you may need to take your TV to a repair shop for professional assistance. With the proper troubleshooting steps, you can get your Hisense TV working again quickly.
Hi, I’m a tech enthusiast who is passionate about keeping folks thoroughly informed in the realms of gaming and tech. Kindly stay tuned with my updates.